Monday, March 19, 2012

Skillet Pizza

With an oven that is broken pizza making seems pretty impossible; until I stumbled upon a little nugget called "skillet pizza". Thanks to Serious Eats my family and I enjoyed some pizza for dinner, no oven required! I used a simple pizza dough recipe from King Arthur flour, some tomato sauce from a jar, mozzarella/provolone blend of cheese of the bagged variety and some pepperoni. This could be simplified even further by just buying some pizza dough. I made two batches of dough at once, enough to make 4 pizzas each, one turning out better than the other but both pretty good. Simple to make, pretty satisfying and it is great if everyone wants something different because you can make a ton of personal sized pizzas. Didn't wanna go too crazy with my trial run here but will definitely make a wider variety the next time.





Bacon Fat: The real hero


1 comment: